Milk and Honey Bath
Your skin will feel luxurious when you use this recipe. Milk baths are very skin softening & nourishing, something that is wonderful at this time of year! Once you make this recipe, use it right away.
*4 tablespoons honey
*1 quart boiling water
*6 tablespoons dried milk powder
1. Place the honey in a bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until the honey has dissolved. Leave to cool.
2. Place the milk powder in a bowl and gradually mix in the honey water.
3. Add the milk mixture to a warm bath, swishing it about so the milk powder dissolves completely.
4. Lock the bathroom, light some candles. Relax!
* * *
Lavender or Rose and Honey Milk Bath
*1-1/2 cups whole milk, dairy, goat, or soy milk
*1/3 cup honey
*10 drops of lavender OR 5 drops rose essential oil
A variation on this milk bath recipe: http://zularisnaturals.blogspot.com/2009/02/lavender-and-honey-milk-bath-recipe.html
* * *
New Moon Milk Bath
*2 cups dry whole powdered milk
*1/2 cup Epsom salts
*1/2 cup baking soda
*6 drops sandalwood essential oil
*5 drops vanilla absolute oil
*4 drops gardenia absolute oil
*4 drops orange oil
Mix all ingredients together and pour into a container. To Use: Pour 1 cup into the bath as you fill the tub and stir well.
* * *
Soothing Oatmeal Milk Bath
*1/4 c. coarsely ground oatmeal
*1/2 c. powdered milk
*1 T. hazelnut oil
*6 drops lavender essential oil
Put oats in muslin bag. Add the rest of the ingredients directly to bath.
* * *
Tropical Oasis Milk Bath
*2 cups of coconut milk
*3 drops each of tangerine & ylang ylang essential oils
*6 drops vanilla extract or absolute
Freshly picked flowers of your choice
Combine oils with milk and add to bath water. Add flowers, hop in and indulge your senses.
* * *
Chocolate Milk Bath
Recipe #84973 / 5 STAR Rating
Time: 5 min prep
* 1 cup powdered milk
* 1/8 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Run hot bath water.
3. As tub is filling, pour the amount of chocolate milk bath mix you wish into the tub.
4. Stir to dissolve.
5. NOTE: The author of this recipe likes a full tub of water and uses the whole amount for one bath.
* * *
Other sites for milk bath recipes:
Cynthe Brush ~ Certified Clinical (Medical) Aromatherapist, Therapeutic Essential Oils Practitioner & Self-Care Health Educator has used therapeutic essential oils for personal, family, & client health issues since 1999.
Personal Consultations pre-paid on an hourly basis.
Gaia's Pharmacopeia Buy Healing Essential Oils Blends / 100% Natural Botanical Perfumes:
Effective essential oil blends for Athletic Injuries; Sprains - Broken Bones; Wounds & Surgeries; Backaches; Headaches; Dizziness; Herpes Simplex; Stress and more.